Compass is delighted to announce we have been awarded the contract to deliver Barnsley’s Mental Health Support Teams (MHSTs). (Formally known as Mindspace)
This service will be one of the national MHST in educational settings Trailblazer sites (wave 4) across England to increase the children and young people’s mental health workforce and is a response to the governments Future In Mind’s Green Paper recommendations. The Trailblazer and national programme is being overseen centrally by NHSE, HEE and DfE.
Our service model will ensure children and young people access the right early help, in the right setting removing duplication and preventing children, young people and families being ‘bounced’ in-between services via:
- Delivering evidence based interventions for mild to moderate mental health and emotional wellbeing needs
- Supporting designated senior MH lead in each school/education setting
- Providing timely advice to school and college staff
We are in the very early stages of mobilisation and are currently recruiting to the full staff team.
How the service can help you
Barnsley MHST currently provides one-to-one and group-work interventions to secondary school pupils and families with mild-to-moderate emotional health and wellbeing needs.
Barnsley MHST can support pupils and families with:
- Low mood: sadness, low motivation
- Mild to moderate anxiety: worries, irrational fears and concerns
- Common challenging behaviours: angry outbursts, pushing boundaries, frustration and distress
- Family and peer relationship difficulties
- Difficulty adjusting to change and transition
- Difficulty managing emotions
How you can access the service
You can can make a Request for Support to Barnsley MHST by completing the Request for Support form below and returning it to firstname.lastname@example.org
You can also contact one of the team on 01904 666371 . We are here Monday – Thursday 9am to 5pm and Friday 9am to 4.30pm.
Help & support
For information about relevant health and wellbeing topics please expand the sections below.
I am aged 11-19 years (up to 25 years old with special educational needs)
Parents / Carers
I am a parent / carer
I am a professional
Useful information and resources for this time of crisis