A practical introduction to implementing a whole school approach (WSA)
Our two day course costs just £795 of the £1,200 DfE grant funding
SPECIAL OFFER! We are offering delegates free access to our Foundation in Mental Health course, with spaces available on 7th February 2024. Let us know if you would like to attend when you book your DfE training with us.
Now booking places for 2024
- Complete an audit of the school against the Whole School Approach Principles and an Action Plan during the course.
- Get follow-up support via one-to-one consultations with the course trainer.
- join once-a-term group Community in Practice discussions, led by Positive Effect and including other SMHLs.
You will have…
- An effective strategic action plan, aligned to the eight WSA principles.
- The skills and knowledge to assess and monitor need and identify appropriate interventions, using evidence-based tools and feedback to measure outcomes.
- The ability to ensure strong and lasting whole school engagement by adopting effective strategies and holistic approaches.
Training with Compass is built on our decades of experience as a charity, dedicated to improving the health and wellbeing of children and young people.
We are a leading provider of Mental Health Support Teams in schools and colleges in England, supporting senior mental health leads to develop and deliver a WSA.
Do you have any questions?
Just fill your details below and one of our team will contact you.
Our course is
- Assured to receive DfE grant funding of £1200 to cover the entire £795* course cost and contribute to teaching cover
- CPD certified
- Delivered online or face to face* to small cohorts of 4-8 delegates
- Completed within six weeks – consisting of 2 six-hour days, 1 hour consultation and self-paced action planning
- Supported by ongoing peer learning through termly community in practice events
- Practical – drawing on our experience of what works, through delivering services that support the development of whole school approaches and provide interventions to pupils with low to moderate mental health needs
- Newly appointed Senior Leads or those with no previous mental health leadership training
- Senior Leads in any education setting
How to obtain your grant
- Apply for your £1,200 DfE grant here using these course codes. Online: SMHL035 Face to face: SMHL122
- Our course costs £795* (+ expenses for face to face delivery.)
- 13 hours (2 days + 1 hour consultation)
- Ongoing community in practice peer networking webinars
- Online or face to face delivery
- Interactive discussion
- Group activity
- Review and reflection
- Action planning: Read more – Practical action planning and ongoing support for each delegate
Your learning outcomes
- Awareness of the key roles and responsibilities needed within your educational environment
- Understanding of how to embed approaches that identify and respond to pupil’s / student’s mental health
- Knowledge of the key actions needed to embed emotional health and wellbeing change
- Knowledge of how to create healthy environments
- Awareness of the solutions to barriers within the workforce
- Understanding of mental health policy and procedure
- Read our full transformation statement
* We can deliver face to face training across most of England, trainer travel expenses will be added to the course cost. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for face to face training enquires.
Feedback from delegates
“A great 2 day start. Felt the chunking down of the audit tool action planning was a great help and avoided feeling overwhelmed…” “…by the end of the course [I was] very confident and looking forward to putting actions in to place to discuss in our 1-1 in the next 6 weeks.” “It was extremely motivating Thank you so much – loved the two days.” “… a high quality CPD.” “Can’t wait to make progress with things back in school.” “I now feel confident to tackle the audit tool/action plan.” “I will be recommending this course to our cluster schools. Thank you.” Read full course testimonials here
We deliver with confidence
The course is built on our many years’ experience of supporting schools and colleges to improve their pupil, student and staff mental health and wellbeing through low cost or no cost approaches.
Our charity delivers multiple services that support the development of whole school approaches and provide interventions to pupils with low to moderate mental health needs. We successfully run our training and consultancy arm, Positive Effect, for multiple national, private and public sector clients.
Compass Positive Effect will continue providing its comprehensive Senior Mental Health Lead Training package in […] Continue reading
Our fully funded online training course for schools’ Senior Mental Health Leads has achieved CPD […] Continue reading
Compass Positive Effect has completed its latest Community in Practice (CiP) web forum event for […] Continue reading
Compass has produced a series of videos about its ongoing training for Senior Mental Health […] Continue reading
You can get in touch at… E: PositiveEffect@compass-uk.org