Advanced level course
For those staff selected by their school / college who need to be able to assess pupil / student need and use evidence based tools to support mild to moderate mental health concerns within the educational setting.
Through the course, delegates will gain the skills to deliver focused, therapeutic, tailored interventions and knowledge of how to recognise and respond to common mental health problems such as low mood, anxiety, low self esteem, eating problems and self harm.
- Understanding of emotions including emotional regulation and literacy
- Awareness of common mental health problems
- Knowledge of how to make a basic assessment
- Understanding of therapeutic skills
- Awareness of evidence based approaches
- Understanding of how to successfully refer to other services for support
Loved all the examples [the trainer] gave for the different sections of the training. It brought the words to life and gave a deeper understanding
- Interactive discussion
- Case study planning
- Practical reflection
- 2 days