Our Commitment to Equality & Diversity
‘Valuing each Individual’ is one of our core values at Compass and is underpinned by equality of opportunity and celebrating diversity. We are committed to promoting equality and inclusivity in all we do as well as reflecting and responding to the diversity of the communities we serve.
- provide equitable and accessible services to which all service users are entitled regardless of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation, offending past, caring responsibilities or social class
- make sure our services are delivered equally and meet the diverse needs of our service users by assessing and meeting their diverse needs
- create an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of our staff are recognised and valued
- select those for employment, promotion, training, or any other benefit purely on the basis of aptitude and ability
- have clear procedures that enable our service users, candidates for jobs and employees to raise a grievance or make a complaint if they feel they have been unfairly treated
- review all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness
- treat breaches of our equality and diversity policy as misconduct which could lead to disciplinary proceedings
If you require this policy statement in an alternative format, please email: email@example.com
At Compass, safeguarding is our top priority.
Protecting children and young people and adults at risk from abuse or neglect is everybody’s responsibility and doing nothing is not an option. We believe that everyone has a right to live and receive services in an environment free from prejudice and safe from exploitation or abuse.
Safeguarding is embedded in every part of our work from Safer Recruitment processes for all staff and volunteers to design and delivery of our services and governance systems.
Mandatory safeguarding training begins during induction and continues at a level appropriate for the individual’s role. They are required to work to our Safeguarding Policy, procedures and guidance and are supported through supervision and refresher training provided at regular intervals.
Our holistic assessment for service users, together with a whole family approach, ensure any risks of harm identified to children, young people and adults are acknowledged and responded to in a professional and timely manner and that those affected can access the support and services they need.
We employ a child and person-centred approach and recognise our duty of care to comply with Working Together (2018), statutory guidance to safeguard children and young people. Through effective inter-agency working and appropriate information sharing, we put in place arrangements to safeguard and promote the welfare of adults at risk and children and young people.
We ensure our Safeguarding Policy and practices are informed by national guidance and follow Local Safeguarding Children Boards and Safeguarding Adults Boards’ guidance and requirements within our services. Learning from our own and other’s experience continues to inform and shape our practice.
Our Designated Safeguarding Lead is Jane Hughes, Operations Director Specialist Services.
At Compass, we understand our obligation to maintain the confidentiality of personal data we receive. This obligation is delivered by system controls and the approach of our staff.
Our approach to confidentiality is based on the GDPR and the Information Commissioner’s advice. We will:
- Ensure there is always a legal basis for us to store, process and share data
- Where the legal basis is consent, we ensure the person both is capable of giving consent and understands the implications of doing so Inform the owners of all personal data we process
- why we need the data
- what we will do with it
- who we will share it with and under what circumstances
- how the data will be stored for and how long
- individual’s right to access personal records
- individual’s right to withdraw consent at anytime
- Ensure that personal data is accurate and kept up to date
- Train our staff to understand their responsibilities under the GDPR
- Ensure our IT and physical storage systems are secure and that adequate controls are in place to prevent the unauthorised access to any data.
Our suite of data protection policies, which are designed to cover all aspects of practice required to meet our obligations, are reviewed regularly in line with changes in the law and guidance from the Information Commissioner Office – www.ico.org.uk.
Compass’s designated Senior Information Risk owner (SIRO) is Mark Roberts, Finance Director.
If you have any questions, you can contact us on email at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01904 636 374.
Together we are stronger and everyone can contribute.
Bringing value to communities is central to our charitable aims. We focus on supporting local projects that deliver social, economic and environmental benefits to residents. We achieve this by:
- Bringing people together to generate ideas and solutions, rather than working in isolation
- Sharing resources to create maximum effect
- Using knowledge and data to respond to challenges and empower people within their communities to work together to bring about change
Our social value policy helps Compass staff to achieve these things; as an employer and a provider of services. Each service has its own plan so it can actively support identified needs and opportunities within local communities.
Comments & Complaints
Our aim is to ensure people receive the best service and experience and it made a difference when it mattered.
We would like to hear about your experience of using a Compass service and any suggestions for how we might do things better or differently.
If you would like to make a complaint, please contact the service manager of the service that you used. You can find this information within the services section on the website. Alternatively, you can email your complaint addressed to the Chief Executive on email@example.com
If you would like more information about our Complaints policy please click on this link.