Aimed at those with the responsibility for the wellbeing of staff, for example managers or small business owners. Mental health is a vast subject and covers commonly experienced symptoms of stress and anxiety through to complex mental health conditions.
During the course delegates will gain essential knowledge and understanding of health and wellbeing issues within the workplace, enabling them to support their employee’s needs and promote a culture of positive wellbeing.
- Understanding of the role and responsibilities of a supportive manager
- Awareness of the difference between mental health and mental ill health
- Knowledge of the signs and symptoms of mental ill health
- Understanding of how to approach sensitive conversations
- Awareness of how to support employees during absence
- Knowledge of return to work procedures
- Awareness of the support available to employees
- Understanding of how to promote wellbeing
- Interactive discussion
- Scenario and work place planning
- Coaching and reflection
- 1 day