Aside from the rewarding and varied work offered, we also have an attractive benefits package:
- Competitive salaries including a London Weighing Allowance (where applicable)
- 27 days annual leave plus statutory holidays, increasing to 32 days after 5 years service
- Generous contributory pension scheme
- Childcare voucher scheme – allowing you to give up part of your salary at source to buy childcare vouchers (meaning you pay less tax and national insurance)
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay (dependent upon length of service)
We are committed to the wellbeing of all of our staff (paid and non paid) and know the impact of having a healthy and happy workforce. We offer:
- Protected time for support and reflection (supervison)
- ‘Time out’ and ‘team building’ days
- Flexible working arrangements to work around your family circumstances – all staff can request this and we accommodate wherever possible
- Employee Assistance Programme – you can access a number of benefits including independent, confidential advice over the phone or face-to-face on a range of issues for you and your immediate family (e.g. mental health, legal advice etc.)
- Occupational health support
Helping you to be successful
Our culture of continual improvement is supported by our learning and development framework. This offers a comprehensive suite of training resources to support your professional development throughout your career.
A local service and role induction will help you settle into the role which is made up of on-line mandatory and core training modules, classroom training and peer support relevant to your role. You will also be given clear guidance and support from your line manager throughout your induction period and be encouraged to build peer networks with colleagues from other similar Compass services and departments.
Once you have completed mandatory and core training modules for your role, there are a number of development opportunities to support continuing professional development.
We encourage reflective practice and provide regular clinical and safeguarding supervision (team and one to one) to enhance your development but ultimately drives safe, effective, efficient and high quality services.
You will also receive regular line management supervision and bi-annual appraisal meetings to help ensure you are successful in your role.