Compass BUZZ level 1 training (2.5 hours)
Compass BUZZ offers level 1 –Prevention and Promotion training which aims to impact the whole school workforce with information, advice and tools on the following:
- Mental health and stigma
- Risk and resilience
- Promoting wellbeing
- Promoting a whole school approach to mental health
As a result of our level 1 training we hope to provide educational establishments with:
- A greater understanding of how mental health and wellbeing affects children and young people
- Confidence to recognise and reduce stigma
- The ability to promote wellbeing
- Awareness of risk and protective factors and how the resilience framework can be used with children and young people
- The opportunity to develop a whole school approach to promote mental health and wellbeing
If you would like to see some further information on our level 1-Prevention and Promotion training please check our BBC news feature below:
Level 2 training
Early Identification of Need (1 Day)
This training is for staff who have received our level 1-Prevention and Promotion training. We ask schools to select specific members of staff who will be able to assess need and deliver interventions for children and young people with mild to moderate mental health concerns.
Our level 2 training will offer the following:
- A deeper understanding of emotions
- Knowledge of common mental health disorders
- Tips for dealing with mental health concerns
- Information on our BUZZ US service
As a result of our level 2 training we hope to provide professionals with:
- Awareness of how all emotions are healthy and needed
- An understanding of common mental health disorders
- Knowledge of behaviours that may present as a result of a mental health problem
- Practical advice on what you can do to support someone feel more comfortable to speak about a mental health problem
- Awareness of how to signpost the BUZZ US service
Level 3 training
Early Help and Intervention (1 Day)
For staff who have received our level 2 training and will be delivering intervention within their educational establishment.
Our level 3 training will offer the following:
- Information on how to make a basic assessment
- Knowledge of therapeutic skills
- Awareness of three evidence based approaches
- Advice on how schools/colleges can help support their pupils
- Information on how Compass BUZZ can help
- Knowledge of other North Yorkshire services
Through our level 3 training we will provide professionals with:
- An understanding of how to make a basic assessment
- The ability to plan interventions
- The confidence and skills to deliver evidence based interventions
- The understanding of North Yorkshire service that can help support and how to refer into these
- You can also use our request for support process to help you with interventions you are delivering.
Request for Support Service (RFS)
For schools and professionals
We are also here to help you in your delivery of individual and group work interventions to children and young people.
Using a mixture of evidenced based approaches, wellbeing workers will work with school staff to ensure that tailored, developmental and age appropriate interventions are always delivered.
One-to-one interventions: Wellbeing workers will co-facilitate, with a member of staff from school a limited number of brief interventions for children and young people presenting with mild to moderate mental health issues.
Group interventions: Are for up to 6 children and young people. They will provide structured, time limited support around the Mental Health and Wellbeing need of the group.
Examples of group interventions to support mild to moderate emotional health difficulties include:
- Managing low mood
- Emotional regulation
- Anxiety and stress (including exam/test pressures)