“SilverCloud is a self-help package that gives you the tips and tools to be able to manage your own mental health and wellbeing. The tips and tools are based on a cognitive behavioural therapy (CBT) approach. It helps you challenge your thoughts, feelings and behaviours. ” – NHS
What is Silvercloud?
What are the benefits?
- Computerised Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (cCBT)
- CBT looks at how our thoughts, feelings and behaviours all interact with one another to keep our low mood or anxiety going. The programme will teach you more about what CBT is and will offer many activities to help you make practical changes to your mood.
- 7-8 core modules per programme and it is recommended to complete 1 module per week, each module takes about 40 minutes to complete
- Evidence based interventions
- Flexible & Convenient – Use wherever and whenever
- 24/7 access
- Computer, Mobile and Tablet friendly
- Anonymity – Removes stigma & increase psychological safety
- Once completed CYP can access the materials for 12 months after the course is completed
- Evidence for sustained results during follow-ups
The Anxiety Package
Anxiety is a feeling of fear and worry, which is natural and common. In the UK 8.2 million people that suffer anxiety and 6 in 100 people suffer from Generalised Anxiety Disorder (GAD), this means having regular or uncontrollable worries about many different things in your everyday life.
Some children and young people worry more than others, and have greater difficulty coping with the inevitable challenges and uncertainty of growing up.
The SilverCloud Anxiety package will provide young adults with the tools to help deal confidently with any anxiety issues that they may have. SilverCloud can be downloaded as an app onto a young persons personal phone so they can access help as and when required.
Low Mood Package
The SilverCloud ‘Space for Low Mood’ programme has been designed to relieve the symptoms of low mood by encouraging you to develop more flexible ways of thinking. The programme promotes awareness and understanding of emotions, while highlighting the importance of increasing activity and motivation in your daily life.
Low mood affects every one of us from time to time for different reasons. Maybe you had a fall out with your best friend at school or you have a poorly pet that you are worried about and it’s making you feel sad?
Common signs of low mood are feeling:
- anxious or panicky
- more tired than usual or being unable to sleep
- angry or frustrated
- low on confidence or self-esteem
If your low mood lingers for a long time and doesn’t seem to go away, you might need extra support to help you manage your emotions and start to feel like yourself again.
Using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy (CBT), you will learn to better understand your feelings, as well as how to make positive changes to how you think and feel.
Body Image Package
Space for Positive Body Image is an interactive and practical programme that provides tools and activities to reduce the impact of negative body image in a safe and confidential space.
Body Image is something that effects every single one of us at some point in our lives, but sadly it can cause ongoing worry to many more often than it should. 79% of 11 – 16 year olds said how they look is important to them with over 52% often worrying about the way their body looks.
It consists of seven modules that follow best practice guidelines in reducing the impact of negative body image using Cognitive Behaviour Therapy principles. Each module includes an introductory video and quiz, psychoeducational content with examples and personal stories, interactive activities, homework suggestions and summaries. The content and structure of the modules have been designed to follow a structured and goal orientated approach.
The programme highlights the role of unhelpful thinking styles and behaviour in exacerbating and maintaining poor body image. It looks at the impact of poor body image on our thoughts, feelings, behaviour and physical symptoms helping you to make changes in each of these key areas to reduce the impact of negative body image.
Who can access it?
- Suitable candidate after an initial assessment
- 14-19 years
- Individuals suffering from mild to moderate symptoms of anxiety and depression or a mixture of both
How we support you
- Weekly check-ins from a trained AEMHP to ensure engagement & understanding
- Packages currently on offer; Space from anxiety, supporting an anxious child and low mood
Contact us about using SilverCloud
If you’re interested in what you’ve seen and think it can help, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.orgBack to Compass’s Coventry Children and Young People’s Emotional Health and Wellbeing Service