To make sure your healthy it is really important to have a balanced diet this includes having a healthy packed lunch.
Balanced packed lunches should have:
Use these as the base of your lunch to keep your energy levels up!
- Sliced wholemeal, granary, rye or white bread
- Wholemeal, crusty or soft rolls
- Pitta breads
- Crispbreads, Crackers, Chunks of bread
- Bagels, Baguette, Chapattis
- Cooked pasta, Rice, Potato
- Wraps, Flatbreads
Beans, pulses and other proteins
Add one of these to your sandwich, wrap or salad.
- Salmon, Tuna, Mackerel or Sardines
- Low fat meat or fish pate
- Ham, Chicken, Turkey or Beef
- Boiled egg
- Peanut butter, Nuts
- Dahl, Lentils or Beans.
Fruits and vegetables
Have as many of these as you like but you should have at least 2 portions
Dairy and alternatives
For healthy bones aim for a portion with lunch.
- Cheddar or other hard cheese
- Cottage cheese
- Cream cheese or cheese spread
- Fromage frais
- Small rice pudding
- Cup of milk
- Milk substitutes fortified with calcium.