The internet can be exciting, you can play, learn, create and connect but you need to make sure that you are safe while using it.
SAFE rules for using the internet:
- Talk to your parents/carers about internet boundaries and what you can look at before you go online
- Don’t share personal pictures/videos or information such as address and phone number
- Remember online friends are still strangers even if you have been talking to them for a long time
- Be careful when opening emails, messages, images or texts from people you don’t know or trust
- Remember not everyone online is who they say they are
- Tell a parent, carer or a trusted adult if someone, or something, makes you feel uncomfortable or worried, or if you or someone you know is being bullied online.