You need your teeth for eating, talking and smiling. So it is important that you take good care of them and brush them twice a day, once when you wake up and once when you go to bed.
Why do you brush your teeth?
- To remove food, drink and germs
- For a beautiful smile
- For nice fresh breath
- Our adult teeth have to last our whole life.
What could happen if you don’t brush your teeth?
- May need to have a filling or have a tooth taken out
- Smelly breath.
What do you need to brush your teeth?
Top tips for Healthy Teeth
- Visit your dentist every 6 months
- Clean your teeth twice a day for 2 minutes
- Always clean your teeth before you go to bed
- Change your toothbrush every 6 months
- Avoid sugary food and drinks
- Tell an adult if you have toothache.
Your Dentist can look at your teeth and make sure they are healthy, they can also give you information on looking after your teeth.