Anger is a normal emotion that everyone has and you can feel angry for lots of different reasons.
These could be:
- Being told off by your teacher
- Being lied to
- Being blamed for something you haven’t done
- Wanting to do something you are not allowed to do.
It can be hard to explain the you are feeling but we need to be able to manage our feelings of anger in a safe way so that you don’t hurt yourself, others or the things around you.
Tips for when you start to feel angry
- Talk to a parent or trusted grown up about the way you are feeling
- Speak to a friend you can trust
- Do something you enjoy
- Think good thoughts about something that makes you happy.
It is impossible to never get angry. Remember that the way you act when you are angry can make what happens afterwards better or worse.