If you are feeling stressed or under pressure it can start to feel like it is taking over all aspects of your life. It can affect you both physically and mentally.
Stress could cause:
- being overwhelmed
- feelings of anxiety
- have low self-esteem
- unable to make decisions
- having eating problems
- not being able to sleep, or sleeping too much
- isolating yourself from friends and family.
- Talk to someone about what is making you stressed
- Spend time doing things that make you happy
- Try exercising regularly
- Eating a healthy well balanced diet
- Make sure you are getting enough sleep
Mindfulness is a great way you can help to manage your emotions. This is where you focus on the present such as concentrating on what’s happening right now. By doing this you should be able to gain an awareness of your feelings and thoughts. By understanding and practising mindfulness, you can learn to cope better with stressful situations.
Doing breathing exercises on a regular basis can be a healthy habit for life. Breathing exercises are great because you can do them anywhere, anytime!
Young Minds Crisis Messenger offers free 24/7 support if you are experiencing a mental health crisis. Text YM to 85258