Work For Us
Working at Compass
Compass is expanding its services across the country. We want to hear from experienced professionals who share our passion for helping people to overcome their addictions.
The quality of our people is the foundation for the work we do. We believe in giving our employees the training, development and management support they need to do the best for their clients. After all, it is the dedication and commitment of the people who work for Compass which makes us one of the UK’s leading drug treatment providers.
Our approach to Recruitment and Selection
Compass is an equal opportunities employer and recognises the benefits that a diverse organisation can bring to all areas of our work. We create teams who represent the communities we serve.
We welcome applications from all sections of the community, promoting equality of opportunity and respecting human rights in all areas of our activity. We acknowledge our responsibility to promote awareness and sensitivity beyond the boundaries of the organisation through our partnerships, suppliers and service users. Compass aims to ensure that the best candidate is chosen for each job regardless of sex, race, disability or other personal characteristics.
Criminal Records Bureau Checks
Much of our work connects with various parts of the criminal justice system or involves working with vulnerable adults or young people. As a result, no Compass post is protected by the provisions of the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and it is a requirement of employment that all new employees must submit a Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) check. As all Compass posts are subject to a satisfactory CRB Disclosure check applicants are encouraged to provide details of their criminal record at an early stage of the application process.
For more information, visit https://www.gov.uk/disclosure-barring-service
Rewards and Benefits
As an employee of Compass, you could look forward to an attractive benefits package:
- Competitive salaries including first year bonuses and London weighting, where applicable and a 7% salary supplement for all nurses
- A minimum of 27 days annual leave plus statutory public holidays
- Generous contributory pension scheme.
- Access to a free Employee Assistance Programme – an independent, confidential counseling service open to all employees and their immediate family to assist you in dealing with a range of issues, both personal and work related, when you need it
Work Life Balance
We know that many of our employees have other commitments and so understand the importance of ensuring a healthy work life balance. To help our employees achieve this, we can also offer:
- Flexible working arrangements – we offer all our staff the opportunity to ask for flexible working and accommodate this wherever possible
- Childcare voucher scheme that allows you to give up part of your salary at source (i.e. before tax and national insurance deduction) and use it to buy childcare vouchers which means you pay less tax and national insurance
- Enhanced maternity and paternity pay, dependent on length of service
Our employees’ development is important to us and we aim to ensure that your skills and knowledge are continually developing to enable you to meet the needs of our clients. Compass staff will undergo an induction programme which can include training courses such as:
- Safeguarding Children
- Health and Safety
- Training and workforce development
Whilst we believe that personal and career development is the responsibility of each employee, Compass strives to support you in achieving your goals and therefore have in place both a generous Bursary Scheme and also a sabbatical programme (subject to a minimum length of service).
We also ensure that you have regular supervision and have an annual performance appraisal programme.
So if you are looking for a new challenge with a forward thinking and growing organization that offers an attractive benefits package and you have skills in the following areas, then contact us today.