Do you have the experience and drive to ensure that in Harrow we deliver the best possible outcomes for our children and young people?
We’re looking for a motivated and solution-focused Team Leader to join Compass Harrow, our Young People’s Substance Misuse Service.
Compass is a values-based organisation whose mission is to create healthier lives and safer communities. We are passionate about making a real difference to individuals and improving health outcomes in local areas.
Compass Harrow is a Drug and Alcohol Service for Young People who are resident or attending education in London Borough of Harrow, providing specialist substance misuse treatment to young people and their families and to support young people to stop substance misuse or reduce use if more appropriate.
The service delivers psychosocial educational programmes which are based on needs and age appropriate to vulnerable young people on an individual or group setting. Supporting and enabling universal and targeted children’s and youth services to respond to substance misuse issues.
The service delivers the broad outcomes associated with the delivery of the young people’s substance misuse service, which are:
- To treat: Young people whose substance use is persistent and problematic. Provide education and support to families whose children are in treatment with young people’s substance misuse services.
- To prevent and deter: Young people in Universal and Targeted settings who have begun to engage in problematic drug and alcohol use
- To identify and educate: Young People in universal and targeted settings who may be or at risk of misusing alcohol and drugs or impacted by other’s substance misuse; and to provide information advice, education and support to parents within the Universal and Targeted sectors.
As Team Leader, you will be responsible for the leadership and co-ordination of a number of work areas including the Controlling Migration Project, Hidden Harm provision, workforce training programme and the engagement and participation of young people. You will also have line management responsibility for the substance misuse practitioners. This role will work directly with named leads/substance misuse practitioners to implement, review and enhance the quality of service provision around substance misuse and hidden harm, mobilise peer support networks to share experiential learning and best practice.
Working hours will be Monday – Friday, 37 hours per week, including some evenings and Saturdays on a monthly rota.
Holding a Degree or equivalent qualification in substance misuse/youth work/psychology/counselling/ mental health/social care, you will also have:
- A specialist qualification or have experience in working in substance misuse and hidden harm
- At least 2 years’ experience in a substance misuse/risky behaviour setting
- Experience of undertaking individual or group staff supervisions both clinical and safeguarding
- Experience of delegating and supervising others
- Experience in supervising and managing people through change/transition.
- Knowledge of safeguarding children, confidentiality, consent and mental capacity, substance misuse and risky behaviours
- A flexible approach to work – hours and locations
To apply, you will need to download and complete our application form. We would be grateful if you could also complete our equality monitoring form.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Generous annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme and OH Service
- Excellent Learning & Development Opportunities and Career Progression
- Generous Contributory Pension scheme
- Life Assurance
Closing date: Tuesday 27th July 2021
Competency Interview date: TBC
Compass is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and you should share our commitment. All Compass posts are subject to appropriate level DBS checks. We value diversity at Compass and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Established for over 30 years, Compass is a national charity which works in communities across the UK providing services spanning substance misuse treatment and rehabilitation, early interventions for vulnerable young people, school aged health programmes and associated prevention as well as treatment and health promotion initiatives.JOB PROFILE Download application form part 1 Download application form part 2 Download equality monitoring form