Fixed-term (maternity cover)
Do you have the experience and drive to help us improve the lives of vulnerable children, young people and their families across the borough of Enfield?
We have an exciting opportunity for a Hidden Harm & Young People’s Drug & Alcohol Worker to provide maternity cover within Compass Sort It, our Young People’s Drug & Alcohol Service in Edmonton, Enfield.
Sort It provides a range of targeted and specialist interventions and vital support for children and young people who are affected by their own or another’s substance misuse, across the borough of Enfield.
About the role
As a Hidden Harm Support & Young People’s Drug & Alcohol Worker, you will be responsible for a targeted caseload and interventions. Your role will be varied and will include:
- Undertaking comprehensive assessments and delivering a range of interventions, such as 1:1 and group work, brief psychosocial interventions, specialist harm reduction, family work and care planning.
- Assisting to deliver our Recovery Parenting programme.
- Engaging and marketing the benefits of recovery to both adult and younger service users, ensuring they understand and invest in the recovery process.
- Partnership working with other lead professionals involved in the care of the young people and adults you are working with.
- Delivering workshops to professionals, young people and their families.
About the person
Experienced in working with young people and individuals with substance misuse issues, you will be skilled in supporting and encouraging others to achieve positive changes. You will also be experienced in delivering 1:1 and group work programmes, as well as delivering training to groups. You will have a creative and dynamic approach to engaging with parents, hard to reach and other vulnerable groups of young people and to developing interventions in response to their needs.
It is essential that you have up-to-date knowledge of legislation relevant to working with children, young people and vulnerable adults.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Generous annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme and OH Service
- Eye tests for VDU users
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities and Career Progression
- Generous Compass contributory Pension Scheme
To apply, you will need to download and complete our application form. We would be grateful if you could also complete our equality monitoring form.
Closing date: Sunday 21st July
Interviews: Wednesday 31st July
Compass is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and you should share our commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value diversity at Compass and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Established for 30 years, Compass is a national charity which works in communities across the UK providing services spanning substance misuse treatment and rehabilitation, early interventions for vulnerable young people, school aged health programmes and associated prevention as well as treatment and health promotion initiatives.JOB PROFILE Download application form Download equality monitoring form