Are you a nurse who wants to make a difference to the lives of children, young people and families across Warwickshire? Do you have an understanding of children and young people’s emotional wellbeing needs, and the skills to provide meaningful support? If so, we need your help delivering a dynamic and innovative School Health & Wellbeing Service.
We have an exciting opportunity for an Emotional Health and Wellbeing Nurse to join the Warwickshire School Health and Wellbeing Service. Your role will be to support children and young people with emotional wellbeing needs when they do not meet the threshold for specialist services, and to lead and further develop our partnership with specialist Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services.
The Warwickshire School Health & Wellbeing Service is an accessible, outcome-focused service that delivers key elements of the Healthy Child Programme. Our objective is to improve the health and wellbeing of school-aged children and young people in Warwickshire and reduce health inequalities.
Our team of nurses, school nurses and supporting healthcare professionals provide support and guidance via interventions such as workshops, 1:1s, and signposting/referrals to specialist services.
The service is provided by Compass, a charity who provide regional health and wellbeing services across the UK.
About the role
As our successful candidate, you will:
- Be based in our Rugby hub; however, the role is county-wide.
- Carry a caseload of those children and young people who require support but do not meet the threshold for specialist services
- Facilitate and deliver a range of assessments and brief interventions, working both independently and as part of a multi-agency team around the family.
- Work in partnership with mental health services to build progressive care pathways and improve emotional wellbeing outcomes for children and young people.
- Work from a variety of settings including schools, partner agencies, children’s centres and homes.
- Work flexibly and creatively to best engage and meet the diverse health needs of the school-aged population.
Our ideal candidate is a qualified nurse who has a background working with children and young people and experience supporting emotional wellbeing needs. You must possess excellent communication skills, with the ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with partners and service users. We are looking for someone who is passionate about improving the lives of children and young people.
You will need a full driving licence and access to your own transport.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- 37 working hours per week, Mon-Fri with some early evening/weekend working
- Generous annual leave
- Employee assistance programme and OH service
- Excellent learning & development opportunities and career progression
- Generous contributory pension scheme
For an informal discussion please contact Matt Conibere, Service Manager on 03300 245 204.
To apply, you will need to download and complete our application form. We would be grateful if you could also complete our equality monitoring form.
Closing date: Sunday 2nd February 2020
*Please note we may close early if sufficient applications received*
Interview date: Tuesday 18th February 2020
Compass is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and you should share our commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value diversity at Compass and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Established for 30 years, Compass is a national charity which works in communities across the UK providing services spanning substance misuse treatment and rehabilitation, early interventions for vulnerable young people, school aged health programmes and associated prevention as well as treatment and health promotion initiatives.JOB PROFILE Download application form Download equality monitoring form