12 month fixed term contract
Are you looking for a role where you can make a real difference to the lives of children and young people across North East Lincolnshire?
We are looking for an Autism in Schools Wellbeing Coordinator who will be an active member of the Autism in Schools project that our North East Lincs MHST Service (Compass Go…) has been awarded for the next 12 months.
The Wellbeing Coordinator will support and contribute to the delivery of positive outcomes for children and young people with Autism in 10 selected mainstream education settings in NE Lincs.
You will provide professional information, advice and support to local stakeholders, developing delivering and maintaining effective intervention and training provision within the Autism in Schools Project.
Key responsibilities and duties will include:
- Working with the selected schools to identify an Autism in Schools Champion in each school facility.
- Undertaking Autism in Schools audit (based on local and national best practice).
- Working alongside schools providing an action plan based on audit findings.
- Identifying training needs in the 10 education settings through the Autism in Schools framework/action plans (Utilising Autism Education Trust Training).
- Delivering elements of training within settings for staff, parents/carers and CYP.
- Creating and delivering impact monitoring reports/performance management reports.
You should have experience of working with children and young people with Autism and with emotional and mental health difficulties.
If you have any questions about this vacancy or would like an informal chat, please contact Laura Lockett on 01472 494250.
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
- Generous annual leave
- Employee Assistance Programme and OH Service
- Excellent Learning & Development opportunities and career progression
- Life Assurance
- Generous contributory Pension Scheme
To apply, you will need to download and complete part 1&2 of our application form. We would be grateful if you could also complete our equality monitoring form.
Closing Date: Wednesday 8th December 2021
Interview Date: Friday 17th December 2021
You should note that as Compass delivers public health services, it is likely that it may become an occupational requirement that you must have COVID vaccinations, which would be in line with Government direction subject to the outcome of current consultation.
Compass is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and you should share our commitment. All Compass posts are subject to appropriate level DBS checks. We value diversity at Compass and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Established for over 30 years, Compass is a national charity which works in communities across the UK providing services spanning substance misuse treatment and rehabilitation, early interventions for vulnerable young people, school aged health programmes and associated prevention as well as treatment and health promotion initiatives.JOB PROFILE Download application form part 1 Download application form part 2 Download equality monitoring form