I would recommend working with Compass to anyone who could use the training courses they have on offerMartin Wraith, Director at The CPC Link
Who we are
At Positive Effect we are passionate about improving the mental health and wellbeing of employees. We provide workplace health and wellbeing consultancy and training and as the trading arm of national established charity Compass; we are:
- Experts at delivering bespoke solutions
- Experienced in supporting individuals and groups to improve their mental health and wellbeing through low cost or no cost approaches
- Experienced in successfully providing mental health and wellbeing training
- Skilled at bringing best practice and lessons learned from the community and public sector into the workplace
Any surplus from Positive Effect is used by Compass to fund programmes to support the health and wellbeing of the wider community.
This training has enabled us to cultivate our whole organisation approach and support ALL of our workforce appropriately
How we can help
We provide holistic health and wellbeing solutions, tailored to an organisation’s size and structure. Working directly with business owners and managers, we focus on employee mental health to deliver practical solutions such as wellbeing strategies, training, workplace adjustments and environment changes that in turn:
- Reduce absenteeism, presenteeism and staff turnover
- Reduce mental health related employment tribunals
- Increase productivity
- Increase profit
Mental ill health is an issue for all employers
We work with organisations to understand their current approach to mental health and wellbeing, highlight any issues or challenges and identify changes needed to policy and procedures to create positive effects. We use a wide range of audit techniques to really understand the organisational culture:
- Targeted interviews with representatives at all levels
- Review of relevant policies and procedures
- Impact review of health and wellbeing against targets/ key performance indicators
- Online employee questionnaire
We will then consult with senior stakeholders to develop a holistic approach based on audit result and our expertise in developing whole organisation approaches.
Together, we will produce a clear and measurable action plan to implement change and monitor its success and effect on the mental health and wellbeing of the organisation.
Our courses are both CPD (Continuing Professional Development) and CPC (Certificate of Professional Competence) verified.
Whether you are a director or senior stakeholder looking to develop a whole business approach to health and wellbeing or an individual looking for ways they can improve their personal wellbeing, we have a course that will suit:
- Directing Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Managing Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Promoting Mental Health & Wellbeing
- Positive Mental Health & Wellbeing
We are qualified specialists with experience in directly delivering a range of health and wellbeing interventions. As such our training not only provides knowledge, but importantly provides proportionate, low or no cost practical and easy to achieve tips to enable self help and create lasting change.
Whichever course you choose, it will make a real difference to your organisation’s mental health and wellbeing, to look after your most valuable resources and allow you to increase productivity through reduced absence and increased focus.
Please download our brochure for more information about these services and for details about our workforce training packages:
We found the training very useful, and plan to present to our board of directors some suggestions on how we can make use of what we have learnt. We each found references to things that had impacted us on a personal level and the training enabled us to connect these things to a professional environment and guide us to making positive changes in our work place.Emily Eagle – Network2Supplies