Harrow Young People’s Service
Full time: 37 Hours – Fixed Term Contract 9 months - Maternity Cover
Salary: £22,529 (inc. LWA)
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a fixed term contract, 9 months (Maternity Cover) for a Young People’s Substance Misuse Practitioner at our Harrow Young People’s service.
Compass is the sole provider of substance misuse treatment for young people in the London Borough of Harrow. The service is set up to provide and deliver all elements of the treatment system.
The service has been providing structured and targeted interventions to young people engaging in or at risk of substance misuse. The post holder will work on an outreach basis across the area including visiting schools, working with the Metropolitan Police, the Children and Families service, the YOT and Northwick Park Hospital as well as other agencies.
The role will involve supporting young people away from engaging in substance misuse and providing them with skills and coping strategies to manage their recovery journey, delivering 1-1 and group work interventions, targeted outreach to engage ‘hard-to-reach’ young people and delivery of professional workforce development packages to partner agencies.
The successful applicant will need:
· To prioritise their workload in order to manage high-risk caseload
· Complete written work to a high standard and support the targeted functions of the service.
· Be solution-focussed and creative
· Committed to helping young people and their families make positive lifestyle choices and achieve better life-based outcomes.
· You will share Compass’ commitment to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults.
· An enhanced DBS check will be undertaken before appointment can be confirmed.
We offer a range of benefits for our employees including:
· Generous annual leave of 27 Days p.a, plus Public Bank Holidays
· Typical working pattern of Monday – Friday
· Childcare voucher scheme
· Specsavers Eye test for VDU users
· Generous pension scheme
· Employee assistance programme and OH service
· Excellent learning & development opportunities
To apply please send completed Application forms to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for completed applications is 9 January 2018.
Interviews to be held on 19 January 2018.
Compass is committed to equal opportunities.