Milton Keynes Adult Substance Misuse Service
Salary range: £20,454 to £24,201 p.a
Permanent, full time, 37 hours
Job Reference 021/18
Do you have experience co-ordinating a team of recovery coaches/peer mentors and passion to ensure that at our Milton Keynes service we deliver the best possible outcomes for our diverse client group?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an enthusiastic, passionate and knowledgeable individual to coordinate recovery coaches within our Compass Milton Keynes Adult Substance Misuse Service.
Compass works in communities currently within the Midlands, Yorkshire and London providing innovative and integrated health and wellbeing services for children, young people and adults. Our Specialist directorate is made up of pioneering risk taking behaviour and early help services for vulnerable children and young people/adults, and specialist substance misuse services for young people and adults. Our Universal and Targeted directorate provides transformational school aged healthy child programmes and prevention services. Over the past 5 years our portfolio has undergone significant expansion to deliver services that focus on a broader lifestyles agenda – substance misuse, sexual health, mental health and emotional wellbeing, and healthy relationships.
The Compass Milton Keynes service is an integrated specialist substance misuse service that provides support to adults and young people.
About the role
You will be recovery focused with experience of supervising volunteers and facilitating training workshops. The role will involve:
· Support the delivery of training recovery coaches/ peer mentors, partners agencies and generic Compass staff
· Provide day-to-day support and structured supervision to peer mentors and recovery/family/community coaches
· Develop and maintain excellent working links/partnerships with community agencies and resources, including abstinence-based supported housing providers & treatment agencies
· Work with local communities, employers and recovery communities to help the development and growth of local resources that support recovery, wellbeing and employment
· Support the development of recovery and employment initiatives for ex-substance users and their families across Milton Keynes, collaborating closely with local third sector and grass roots organisations, associations and individuals.
· Participate in ongoing community resource mapping and live asset register to facilitate social prescribing.
· Support the development of a robust process of recovery check-ups and early re-intervention strategies for all service users who are transitioning from structured treatment into the community
· Support the development of family focused coaching interventions across the service
You will have expert knowledge of a treatment system and recovery based interventions and may be an expert by experience. It is essential that you have extensive knowledge of the recovery process and the contributing factors to making long term sustained changes in substance misuse and social functioning. You must be enthusiastic and maintain professional and personal boundaries.
The full role description and further details on how to apply can be found on our website at www.compass-uk.org. Please send completed Application forms to email@example.com
In return, we offer a range of benefits including:
Working hours Mon – Fri, 37 hours per week with some evening and weekend working • Generous annual leave • Childcare Voucher Scheme • Employee Assistance Programme and OH Service • Eye tests for VDU users • Excellent Learning & Development Opportunities and career progression • Generous contributory Pension Scheme
For more information and to apply visit: www.compass-uk.org/recruitment
For an informal discussion please contact Hannah Scragg, Service Manager on 01908 250 730.
Closing date: Friday 23rd February 2018
Interviews will be held on: Thursday 8th March 2018
Compass is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults and you should share our commitment. This post is subject to an enhanced DBS check. We value diversity at Compass and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
Established for 30 years, Compass is a national charity which works in communities across the UK providing services spanning substance misuse treatment and rehabilitation, early interventions for vulnerable young people, school aged health programmes and associated prevention as well as treatment and health promotion initiatives.