The mission of Compass is to create healthier lives and safer communities
We achieve our mission through the delivery of effective prevention, early intervention, targeted and specialist services that build resilience and guide children, young people and adults away from risk and towards greater health and wellbeing.
The priorities for Compass in our work with families, communities and partner agencies are to:
- Provide accessible, person-centred and flexible responses that meet the needs of diverse communities and reduce health inequalities
- Provide age appropriate public health promotion, prevention and early engagement services to identify additional needs and deliver progressive interventions in the right place and at the right time
- Focus on the whole person by providing holistic personalised care that builds upon individual strengths and talentsProvide effective specialist treatment interventions for children, young people and adults engaged in risky behaviour, creating opportunities for sustainable recovery and reintegration for everyone;
- Work in partnership with families and communities to support prevention, recovery and reintegration;
- Work with partners to develop effective integrated prevention, early intervention and treatment systems from birth to old age.
The Compass vision is to be the best in all that we do, by bringing the maximum benefit to the people we work with. Our aim is that in every Compass service we deliver consistently safe, effective, and high quality person centred care so that we can meet our ambition of helping each person to lead a healthy, safe and productive life.
- Being the best also means maximising our impact for other key stakeholders:
- Commissioners: Reliably meeting objectives and working collaboratively to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of the wider systems in which we operate;
- Communities: Understanding and responding to local needs creatively and flexibly in order to maximise health and social gains;
- Our staff: Enabling and empowering our workforce to innovate and to improve the outcomes for our service users.
We pursue our mission and vision by holding true to a guiding set of values:
- Having integrity: maintaining an unstinting commitment to the highest standards of honesty and openness in all our activities;
- Valuing each individual: respecting the needs of individuals and seeking to give them greater control over their life;
- Being solution focused: working always to find answers to the challenges faced by individuals, families and communities;
- Striving for innovation and improvement in all that we do: responding quickly to new and emerging needs, and finding better ways to do things.