Having provided specialist and targeted substance misuse interventions for young people under 18 in Milton Keynes since 2004, we are pleased to announce the continuation of this service. The team based at Acorn House provide outreach interventions for young people at risk of or already using substances. The changes we are making to this service mean we are even more accessible to young people, families and partners who need our support and increase our capacity to continue to meet the growing need. These changes include:
- co-locating with key partners for certain periods of the week
- employing volunteers to deliver smoking cessation to under 18’s and universal substance use interventions in order to prevent substance misuse happening in the first place
- sharing the Hospital Liaison Team and a Transition Worker with the Adult Service to ensure young people who present at A&E with substance misuse needs are referred to the YP team
- supporting young people between the ages of 17 and 21 to engage in treatment in an effective way
- working closely with The Angelus Foundation to develop and deliver bespoke interventions designed to reduce the use of New Psychoactive Substances.
If you would like to discuss a possible referral or find out more information please contact us by emailing MKYP.firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01908 691911