Compass adult services support individuals at all stages of their drug and/or alcohol use to achieve stable and productive lives, free from dependency. We provide care that span the journey to recovery, from drop-ins that resolve the practical and immediate needs of people in chaotic circumstances through to structured treatment including substitute prescribing and day programmes.
Our staff understand service users and treat each contact as an opportunity to move the individual towards abstinence. We deliver all interventions as part of a progressive programme of care that builds the individual’s resilience and motivation to achieve and sustain recovery. Our service users set care plans that they own, with targets that are stretching but realistic.
Compass has been delivering adult services in the community for more than 26 years. We have an enviable track record as a leading provider of community-based services including open access centres, structured psychosocial programmes, day programmes and prescribing. Our nurse-led clinics have provided cost effective, clinically assured prescribing services since 1992.
The foundation of our work is comprehensive assessment. In each case, we treat both the client’s addiction and their inclusion needs. We tackle reintegration and aspiration from our first interaction with each client, helping them to build the foundations they need to make a lasting changes in their life.
With this depth of knowledge across all aspects of the treatment system, we are renowned for our commitment to partnership working. We work always to improve the effectiveness of the wider treatments systems in which we operate – to create more opportunities for clients and to see the public investment in treatment services spent wisely
What We Deliver
Compass services provide access to treatment for people at all stages of tackling their addiction. Increasingly, we are asked by commissioners to deliver integrated drug and alcohol services that offer a continuous programme of care. Elsewhere, we provide parts of the care journey. In each case, the services we deliver are designed with service users and the local community in order to minimise harm and increase opportunities for social reintegration.
Our community rehabilitation services include:
- Open access drop-in facilities that provide information and advice, needle exchange facilities, advocacy and referrals as part of a continuous programme of care.
- Structured psychosocial services that provide individual and group-based counselling programmes that draw on cognitive behaviour therapy, motivational interviewing and brief solution focused therapy to give practical support.
- Specialist clinics that stabilise chaotic individuals or individuals with specialist care needs such as pregnant service user for treatment in GP practices.
- Services to recruit and support GPs to treat substance misusers in their practice, aiding the retention of service users in treatment by improving access and reducing stigma.
- Structured day programmes that provide a recovery-oriented and progressive programme of care pre- and post-rehabilitation or detoxification.
- Accredited peer support and mentoring programmes that provide positive role models for individuals on programme.
- Holistic and individualised support programmes that embed aftercare from the outset, enabling service users to access stable accommodation, benefits, training and employment.
- A range of specialist service providing structured and unstructured programmes for diverse user groups, including drug using offenders, young people, BME drug users, crack users, the homeless and families.
Where We Deliver
For more information about the services we provide for adult drug and alcohol users, please see: